India Intensive Programs
Study at an Authentic Ayurvedic University
Dancing Shiva offers specialized studies in various Ayurvedic categories in the traditional approach (gurukul) at one of the most recognized Ayurvedic Institutions in India. This provides students the opportunity to learn Ayurveda in an authentic environment in the Indian motherland.
These 15-day programs are offered at the prestigious Dr. D.Y. Patil College of Ayurveda & Research Center (DPU) in Pune, India in the southern state of Maharastra. The Dancing Shiva School under the direction of Mas Vidal created the first programs in affiliation with DPU, providing students the opportunity to study Ayurveda in a specialized area at an authentic Ayurvedic University. All the program university faculty are part of a highly accredited organization called the International Academy of Ayurveda (IAA).
This program is ideal for those students that are currently enrolled or have already completed our 200, 300, or 600-hour programs. In other words... this intensive study is an opportunity for students to increase their knowledge in any particular area of interest with the intention of developing a specialized area of knowledge and gaining greater credibility in that particular aspect of Ayurveda. Many Dancing Shiva students who are completing our 600 Hour Ayurveda Counselor Program enroll in this specialized program as a post-study intensive.
REGISTER FOR THE PROGRAM
* All students are required to pre-register and pay the deposit or full amount for the India program.
Our 2023 India Program dates are January 16th - 29th
- All classes are offered at DPU every day except Sundays. Sundays are your day off to explore, relax, read or connect with new friends from the university. Students are often encouraged by our faculty to explore the extensive Ayurvedic library on the 4th floor.
- Class times are from 9 am - 4 pm, although classes often go longer depending on many factors at the university and hospital.
- Students receive a joint certificate of completion as recognized by the Dancing Shiva School and IAA.
- Classes are private or in small groups of 1-3 persons.
- Students can begin their studies at any time during the calendar year or during the time when our Ayurveda Counselor Program is in India each year which is usually every January. Our program coordinator can recommend specific times of the year when it is best to travel to India if you want to go on your own or with a friend.
- Each day combines lectures, practical observations at the hospital, case studies, and working directly with an Ayurvedic doctor assisting them in special projects and with actual patients.
- Beautiful accommodations are included at an on-campus apartment building directly adjacent to the college and hospital. Each student has their own one-bedroom apartment with a living room, kitchen, full bathroom, and bedroom.
- Three succulent India meals are included per day. Meal times are: Breakfast 7:30am - 8:30am / Lunch 12:30 - 1:30pm / Dinner 6:30 - 7:30pm
The Ideal Candidate for this Program
- Anyone who has already completed a basic study of ayurvedic foundational principles is now prepared for deepening their practice.
- Anyone who has completed the Dancing Shiva Yoga & Ayurveda Programs, however some additional study of dosha, dhatu (tissues), mala, and strotasmi (channel systems) is required for those who have completed the 200 Yoga & Ayurveda Online program.
- Yoga & Ayurveda Therapists desiring greater experience in clinical Ayurveda.
- Yoga teachers who would like to diversify their knowledge of Ayurveda and embrace a more integral approach to healing and teaching.
- Ayurvedic Counselors or Practitioners trained in USA or Europe that want to gain greater experience from traditionally trained Ayurvedic doctors.
- Students can also obtain superb ayurvedic treatments at the DPU hospital as prescribed by our faculty. In some cases, students will squeeze in some treatments at the end of the day.
TOPICS OF STUDY INCLUDE: One topic of study is chosen per 15-day period.
~ Women's Health (Gynecology) and Pre & Post Natal Care (Garbha Samskar)
~ Ayurvedic Detoxification (Pancha Karma)
~ Herbology (Dravya Guna)
~ Diet and Nutrition
~ Beauty and Skin Care
~ Advanced Clinical Experience
*Detailed curriculum of each topic is available for those who have completed the registration form (see below).
REGISTER & PAY FOR THE PROGRAM
* All students are required to pre-register and pay the deposit or full amount.
- Package includes 15-day training, certificate of completion, private 1 bedroom apartment, and 3 delicious meals per day.
(Note: Payment does not include air travel or personal ayurvedic treatments).
- All students are subject to approval by Mas Vidal and the IAA faculty.
- All students are required to complete the registration form.
- Email us with your questions or to set up an interview:
- Upon completion, students will receive their certificate via email directly from the Dancing Shiva program office.
- If you are interested in sharing your room with another student, friend, or spouse, let us know. A discounted price is available.
- Students should book flights to Mumbai Shivaji International Airport and should plan on arriving in India at least 2-3 days prior to adjust to the time change.
- Taxi from Mumbai International Airport to DPU is approximately $50 USD (one-way) and is about 3 hours in duration door to door.
- We recommend arriving in India at least 2-3 days prior to the first class to allow yourself to adjust to the time difference. Many either stay at a hotel in Mumbai before heading over to DPU. If you want to arrive to the DPU campus early, let us know and for a small fee, we can arrange this.
- Whenever possible we recommend taking direct flights to India from wherever you are living or flights with one stop over to make time adjustment much easier.
- From November-March climate is cool and moderate between 65-80 degrees F.
- Between April-October the climate is a bit warmer ranging between 75-95 degrees F.