Experience the most comprehensive and integral Ayurveda counseling program for yoga teachers, healers, health and wellness enthusiast and practitioners.
The Ayurveda Counselor certification program offers an in-depth experience of Ayurveda, the program is consists of 3-parts. Each segment builds onto the next, after completion of the full program the student will graduate as an Ayurvedic Counselor.
PART 1. FOUNDATIONS (50 HOURS)
PART 2. CORE PRINCIPLES (450 HOURS)
PART 3. MOTHERLAND STUDIES (150 HOURS)
Total Certification Hours: 600
Brief overview of the full program:
- This integral program is designed for yoga teachers, health practitioners, and those interested in lifestyle enhancement.
- The core principle training presents the ancient Ayurvedic wisdom in a practical manner to promote health and wellness. Explores the prevention of common health issues, and promotes the values of ayus or longevity through right diet, harmony with the cycles of life, and synergy of the mind-body relationship. The focus is on the methods and philosophy of the sacred and eternal mind-body relationship of seasonal synchronicity (ritucharya), detoxification (pancha karma) and psychology (manasa shastra).
- The program presents a strong foundation of Ayurveda therapies combined with spiritual components, as found in the traditional form of Ayurveda taught in India.
- The Ayurvedic Counselor program provides a well-rounded educational experience of the core fundamental principles of Ayurvedic counseling, therapy, and lifestyle.
Download the Ayurvedic Counseling catalog
Register for the Ayurveda Counselor 600 Hour Program
Total Program Cost: $5,400 (Does not include the India 15-day Motherland Studies)
Please contact Soul Of Yoga to complete the registration and administration for this course.
Contact: or call 760) 943-7685.
For any additional questions, please email us:
PART 1: FOUNDATIONS (50 HOURS)
The 50 Hour Online Foundations Ayurveda Program provides the foundational principles and overview for the Vedic Counselor certification. This program is a perfect fit for individual seeking to understand Ayurveda for self-care, it is also available as an elective for the Soul of Yoga's therapy training program. For all students enrolled in the Vedic Counselor program this is a required module.
The 50 hour immersion includes on overview of:
- the Sankhya & Vedanta Philosophies
- the gunas (attributes in nature)
- the doshas (mind/body types and imbalances)
- Ayurvedic dietetics, Jyotish (Vedic Astrology)
- Yoga Therapy as per the Paramahansa Yogananda and Swami Sivananda lineages
- Introduction to Jyotish (Vedic Astrology)
PART 2: CORE PRINCIPLES (450 HOUR)
The Core Principle, 450 hour training is offered both online and in-person. This program is designed to educate and train Ayurvedic counselors. The core principles of Ayurveda are reviewed in-depth classes taught by Mas Vidal and Ayurvedic doctors and practitioners from the USA and India.
Students experience hands-on practical training in various subjects of Ayurveda.
Live In-Person Classes (dates listed below).
- Mod A ~ 2022 DATES TBD
- Mod B ~ 2022 DATES TBD
- Mod C ~ 2022 DATES TBD
- Mod D ~ 2022 DATES TBD
Online Classes: 1st 4 Wednesday of the month, and 1st & 3rd Tuesday of the month.
Location of training:
In-person classes are offered at the Soul Of Yoga in Encinitas, California.
PART 3: MOTHERLAND STUDIES (150 HOUR)
Participants have the opportunity to study Ayurveda in India to deepen their knowledge of this healing tradition, as it is practiced in the motherland. This truly a unique experience enhances your understanding of Ayurveda in an in-depth and practical manner. For more information download our Vedic Counselor catalog.
As a program participant you stay in a residential Eco-Village healing center just outside of the city of Pune. The daily program activities include yoga and meditation classes, three vegetarian meals, lecture classes, practical hands-on support at the clinic, observation of client cases, and learn about Vedic permaculture and organic farming practices.
Students have the option to experience panchakarma treatments as part of the course. However, if you are want an extensive detoxification treatment series, this can be done after the program is completed. Unless you are attending as a non-participant in the program.
"I feel so fortunate to have the opportunity to study Yoga and Ayurveda with Mas Vidal. This experience has provided a much deeper and meaningful practice in every aspect of my life. His own experience and example of the yogic lifestyle is refreshingly honest and inspiring. I would recommend the study program to anyone wishing to learn Ayurveda, yoga and the integral wisdom of the Vedas.
~ Tracy Mandryk
As a graduate of the Mas Vidal's Dancing Shiva programs it has been so insightful and life-changing learning Ayurveda. Integrating the ancient knowledge of the Vedas into my daily life has been very healing and nourishing to my body, mind, and spirit.
~ Cecilia Romero
I have had the opportunity to learn integral Yoga and Ayurveda under the tutelage of Mas Vidal and it has brought a new sense of enlightenment into my life. Learning the essence of the ancient Vedas and how profoundly they tie into daily life is absolutely fascinating. Although ancient, these teachings are so relevant to today's day and age and through with his many years of life study, the wisdom dances with mindfulness that he taught me to entwine with my newly discovered awareness.
~ Kirsten McLaughlin
Be an Affiliate Partner
Be one of our affiliate partners. Offer this specialized program at your yoga, or health and wellness center. Email us.